Are you still using dropdowns for your variable products?
Don’t you want to provide a more clear and natural way for your buyers to select product options?
Did you know that WooCombinator can turn your boring selects into clickable buttons?
WooCombinator is a plugin for WooCommerce.
This plugin turns the boring select elements of variable products to buttons.
The plugin is using your already existing theme elements by default but it also comes with 17 predefined styles. You can change every style definition with some CSS knowledge. If you have any questions or you need some support to create the proper style, just let me know.
I’m periodically testing the plugin with the newest WordPress and WooCommerce versions to ensure full compatibility and applying the required changes if needed. Date of the last test: 10th August, 2021.
What is a variable product?
A variable product is a standard product type in WooCommerce. A variable product has multiple attributes and the customer select one from each attribute.
For example a shoe has size and color attributes – the customer can select these parameters.
WooCombinator hides the select elements and renders buttons instead – but the controlling logic is still handled by WooCommerce.
You can set your own classes and/or select from the 17 pre-defined styles. Also you can write your own inline CSS styles (if there are no other option to include/edit a custom CSS file).
By default WooCombinator try to re-use the button element of your theme but maybe you will need some CSS tweaks.
- WordPress Customizer is supported
- 17 predefined styles
- 2 transition effects (experimental)
- Set CSS classes for elements and states
- Compatibility options
- Plugin can be disabled on selected product pages
- Write your own inline CSS rules
- Changes only the display logic – the control logic is still handled by WooCommerce
- Documentation included
- Minified CSS and JS files are included
- some CSS/HTML knowledge maybe required
- depending on your WooCommerce template maybe you will need to define the active and disabled states on your own
- if you are using 3rd party plugins to change the behaviour of the select elements then WooCombinator maybe won’t work
- PHP 5.3+
- WordPress 4+, 5+
- WooCommerce 5+, 4+, 3+, 2.5+
Request new features in the comments or on my profile page with a direct message. Thanks!